Sustainability & Social Responsibility
Environmental accountability is integral to the Solage spirit.
As a result, we’re one of the first Napa Valley resorts to put in
place a wide range of programs to promote and enhance an eco-friendly ethos.
- Extensive recycling throughout the resort
- A guest opt-in linen reuse conservation program
- Solar rooftop panels to reduce energy consumption and emissions
- Locally crafted bath amenities delivered in bulk for waste reduction
- Staff bicycles used as the primary on-site transportation
- Complimentary cruiser bicycles available to all guests
- Non-toxic cleaning product standards used throughout the property
- Solbar features locally grown, organic produce from small farms
- Carbon-filtered drinking water offered throughout
- Salt-based water filtration system reduces chemicals in geo-thermal mineral and swimming pools
- LEED-approved Plyboo bamboo flooring in gym and Movement Studio
- Non-toxic, low VOC emitting paints used throughout the resort
- Natural fabrics and materials found in all guest rooms and public areas
- On-site geothermal water used as a heat source for spa facilities and swimming pools
- Bathhouse passive cooling architecture eliminates need for air conditioning
- Landscaping features native, drought-tolerate plants Irrigation needs fulfilled through reclaimed water from the city of Calistoga.
- Property-wide composting program reduces waste and nourishes Solbar’s culinary gardens
* A Green Hotel Association member currently undergoing LEED certification.